Since 2001, Platinum Components has been a trusted name in the ITaaa
read more »
Modern Slavery Policy
1. Platinum Components is committed to eliminating modern slavery, human trafficking, forced labour, and similar human rights abuses.
2. Platinum Components is committed to ensuring that its staff are not subject to behaviour or threats that may amount to modern slavery, human trafficking, forced labour, and similar human rights abuses.
3. Platinum Components provides appropriate training and awareness information for all of its staff. In particular:
• Our leadership team receive detailed training in identifying and resolving concerns around modern slavery and human trafficking.
• Our staff involved in our procurement and supply chains undertake training courses that include guidance around modern slavery and human trafficking, as well as other wider human rights issues.
• All of our staff receive awareness-raising information around issues involving modern slavery and human trafficking, so that they can bring any concerns they have to the attention of management.
4. Any staff, workers or other parties are strongly encouraged to report any concerns or suspicions that they might have to their Manager.
5. Reports surrounding these issues are taken extremely seriously by our board of directors and senior leadership team who are committed to ensuring that all investigations shall be prompt and effective. If our investigations reveal any issues, we are committed to taking appropriate action, including but not limited to:
• Working with the appropriate organisations to improve standards,
• Removing that organisation from our supplier and or client list,
• Passing details to appropriate law enforcement bodies.
6. We regularly monitor our risks in this area through the use of relevant key performance indicators, including:
• The percentage of suppliers who sign up to an appropriate code / provide their own modern slavery statements.
• The amount of time spent on audits, re-audits, spot checks, and related due diligence, and
• The level of modern slavery training and awareness amongst our staff.
7. As part of our efforts in this area, we publish a modern slavery statement on an annual basis.
We do not consider that we operate in high risk sectors or locations. However, we recognise that there is always the potential for slavery and human trafficking to occur so we will regularly evaluate our supply chains using risk assessments.
We will not tolerate slavery and human trafficking within our supply chains and if we identify such practices the Directors Platinum Components Ltd are committed to taking appropriate action.
This statement is made in accordance with section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes Platinum Components slavery and human trafficking statement for the 2020/21 financial year.